Nutrition/The Paleo Diet
The Paleo Diet
The Paleo Diet is one of the fastest growing diets to follow around the world. Some people don’t even look at it as a DIET, but look at it as just a better way to eat healthy while still eating the good foods. The paleo Diet consist of eating lean meats, fish, veggies, some fruit, tree nuts (not peanuts) and seeds, little starch, and no sugar. This excludes… grains, legumes, white potatoes, dairy, and corn. All of the items are common items one can find at a market or grocery store without a problem. The websites below are good to look at for people interested in following the Paleo Diet.
1). The Paleo Diet – http://thepaleodiet.com/
2). The Beginner’s Guide to the Paleo Diet http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2010/10/04/the-beginners-guide-to-the-paleo-diet/
Paleo Diet Recipes
When it comes to finding recipes for any food dish in the world, the internet helps in so many ways and that goes for finding Paleo friendly recipes. Check out the websites below to get some great recipes to eat at home or to share with your family and friends.
- Everyday Paleo – everydaypaleo.com
- PaleOMG – paleomg.com
- PaleoPot – paleopot.com (Crock Pot Recipes)
Snacks are the one thing to help your days on the go a little bit easier. The one thing that people forget to do during their busy schedules is to eat. It doesn’t matter what you eat, how big or small, as long as you’re eating and eating the good things. Check out the list below to find the good snacks to chose from for you when you’re on the run.
- Steve’s Club – http://stevesoriginal.com/
- Cattaneo Bros – http://www.cattaneobros.com/ – they also have jerky and personally I liked it better than most because they also carry a thin cut that is easy to eat, and great flavors!
- Paleo Snacks – http://paleodietlifestyle.com/paleo-snacks/
- More snack ideas – http://www.multiplydelicious.com/thefood/2012/01/paleo-snack-ideas/
- Paleo People – http://paleopeople.com/ – you can order snacks online (I haven’t personally tried it, but let me know if you do).